Thousands of women facing cancer also face crushing financial burdens. With time off work, insurance co-pays and the extra expenses which accompany cancer, even the basic expenses of daily living often go unmet. And when a woman has cancer, her family also “has” cancer. Her spouse, children and even grandchildren share the pain. Households can literally fall apart as a woman struggles with illness, adding an unnecessary level of suffering to an already difficult situation.
The Women’s Cancer Fund covers women who have been diagnosed with cancer, including:
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Lung cancer
The Women’s Cancer Fund pays for the myriad of non-medical expenses associated with cancer. The result: your gift helps ease a woman’s burden and lifts her spirit.
- The Women’s Cancer Fund is a quarterly distribution program.
- Open submission periods for quarterly applications are as follows. Applications received before or after the open period will NOT be considered.
Q1: March 1st – 7th
Q2: June 1st – 7th
Q3: September 1st – 7th
Q4: December 1st – 7th
- The program does NOT approve applications on a first-come, first served basis. All requests will be reviewed individually and considered for funding after each quarterly deadline.
- Only requests submitted on the form (available during the open submission periods on this webpage) or online via social worker/medical personnel (through the secure web link provided directly to them) will be considered for funding.
- All patients must be currently receiving active cancer treatment to qualify for consideration.
- A maximum of $250 may be approved per family, per year.
- All sections of the application must be completed. Failure to complete the entire application will result in ineligibility of funding.
- Only utility and rental fee bills will be considered. A utility request is defined as a heating, electrical or water bill. Cell phones, Cable payments, mortgage payments, car payments, insurance or tax bills, medical payments and transportation costs are NOT eligible for funding. Copies of all bills or the rental agreement being requested must be submitted with application. The rental agreement MUST have the LANDLORD’s NAME and MAILING ADDRESS and/or the UTILITY BILL MUST HAVE ALL COMPONENTS of ACCOUNT NUMBER and RETURN MAILING ADDRESS for the specified company. IF any of these are missing, the application will not be considered for funding.
- A brief narrative describing the patient’s situation and the family’s need must be included and written by the social worker or hospital personnel. Be sure to include any additional, compelling and relevant information as this narrative plays a vital role in the application selection process. The narrative must be on Hospital/Cancer Treatment Facility/Doctor’s Office letterhead and uploaded to the online application.
- Applications received after the quarterly deadline will not be considered for funding in that current funding period. Applicants may, however, reapply the following quarter by submitting new and/or updated utility bills.
- If the application is approved, check(s) will be made payable to each utility company and mailed directly to the family.
- Social workers or hospital personnel will receive notification (approved or declined applications) via email. Patients will NOT be contacted by CRFI regarding application status.
- If the check is not cashed within 60 days of printing date, Cancer Recovery Foundation has the right to cancel the check.
- Applications may be faxed or emailed:
Please note: the WCF application will not be available/clickable on this page until the beginning of the open submission period dates, as indicated above.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
What Women Tell Us
“Thank you… I am so grateful for your rent and utility assistance. You truly cared and responded to my need. I want to get well and help you help others.” Luella M., Ovarian Cancer Survivor
“I would like to express my deepest gratitude towards the Women’s Cancer Fund for their outstanding support and understanding in my time of need.” Catherine L., Breast Cancer Survivor
“With the worry about bills gone, I was able to clear my mind and focus on my healing. I started to think about and implement my recovery. I realized that I had choices. Thanks to the Women’s Cancer Fund, this is the best I have felt since diagnosis nearly twenty months ago.” Deena C., Melanoma Survivor
“In a time of fragile emotions, the Women’s Cancer Fund was there to help get me back on track with my rent. And the literature you sent inspired me to keep my hope alive. Then I realized I too was not on my own.” Laura B., Ovarian Cancer Survivor
“Knowing there are people around like the Women’s Cancer Fund who dedicate their time and money to caring for people like me makes a big difference. I send my sincere thanks and my appreciation.” Carolyn J., Cervical Cancer Survivor
Help & Hope for ALL Women Battling ALL Women’s Cancers
Your support of The Women’s Cancer Fund will help lighten the burden of women going through cancer.
Please also visit our Facebook page!